PracticeMax is seeking an Account Receivable Specialist in our Shreveport, LA office. The Accounts Receivable (A/R) position works in conjunction with the billing team to ensure the comprehensive and complete follow up of all Accounts Receivable and other various tasks for clients.
This position addresses the denied/no response claims and follows up with insurance companies regarding unpaid claims. The goal of A/R is to collect money payable for services provided by the physician or practice.
- Follow up with insurance plans for primary, secondary and tertiary claims by phone and in writing, and communicate effectively with patients regarding balances.
- Review AR system and EOB's to resolve incorrect denials or underpayments.
- Process incoming correspondence.
- Answer and resolve inbound calls from patients and insurance carriers.
- Perform other duties as required.
- 1-2 years of relevant work experience.
- Basic understanding of ICD-9, CPT4 and coding concepts.
- Basic understanding of medical terminology.
- Field understanding of insurance terminology, capitation and fee for service billing.
- Efficient and accurate typing skills to include 10-key by touch.
- Manage own time and work assignments effectively.
- Seek advice/feedback in terms of priorities or issues when necessary
- Understanding of HIPAA requirements.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, in English.
PracticeMax provides a comprehensive suite of business solutions that help healthcare providers maximize their operations and financial performance while delivering optimal patient care. PracticeMax serves a diverse mix of healthcare providers, including hospital- and office-based providers, urgent care facilities, hospitals, medical billing companies, Integrated Delivery Networks (IDNs), Regional Extension Centers (RECs), Senior Housing facilities and more. We offer competitive wages, full benefits and a friendly, professional environment. If you are looking for an exciting position in a growing industry we invite you to apply. PracticeMax provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.