Are you ready to become a Compliance Officer (CO)? Do you have sufficient training and experience in healthcare to warrant such responsibility? Are you looking for an opportunity to develop into a Chief Compliance Officer? If so, we have an exciting opening.
The CO reports to the CEO and is a member of senior management with sufficient authority to fulfill the requirements of the position. The CO is responsible for developing, implementing, and maintaining an effective compliance program to prevent illegal, unethical, or improper conduct (compliance with rules & regulations of governmental agencies, company policies and procedures, and company Standards of Conduct). This position can be located in any one of our existing locations.
PracticeMax is a provider of revenue cycle management and software services in the medical field, and provides business solutions to healthcare providers in a variety of specialties. Our corporate office is located in Scottsdale, Arizona, and we have office locations in New York, Louisiana, Illinois, Arizona, Texas and Nebraska. We offer competitive pay, flexible schedules, and excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401(k), life, AD&D, paid time off and holidays.
- Chairs the PracticeMax Compliance Committee and holds regular meetings with its members (representatives from each company location).
- Serves as a member of the Corporate Compliance Committee (which includes members of the Board of Directors), and prepares an annual report for the Board describing general compliance efforts and any changes necessary to improve the compliance program.
- Serves as the HIPAA Privacy Officer.
- Assumes managerial and administrative tasks involved in establishing, monitoring, and updating the Compliance Plan including the following functions:
- Provides advice to management and recommends updates to, and supervises/coordinates implementation of, the Compliance Plan, including Standards of Conduct;
- Oversees the training and education of all employees about applicable compliance standards;
- Oversees the Compliance Help Line;
- Investigates and acts as an independent and objective person who reviews, evaluates, and resolves compliance issues;
- Establishes and maintains open lines of communication with employees to ensure effective and efficient compliance policies and procedures;
- Develops or updates policies and procedures as needed;
- Performs internal compliance review and monitoring activities; and
- Performs other duties as required or assigned.
- Baccalaureate degree is required (Master's degree or JD would be a plus).
- Two or more years of experience in healthcare compliance, and Medicare fraud and abuse is required.
- Healthcare compliance certification(s) preferred.
- Must be willing to travel (rarely needed).
- Ability to work with confidential information, and detail oriented.
- Highly motivated self-starter who is organized, and able to set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and be able to communicate information effectively, maintaining effective working relationships with all stakeholders.
- Able to exercise initiative, judgment, discretion and decision-making to achieve organizational objectives.
- Lift at least 20 lbs.
- Standing, sitting, stooping, bending and walking.
- Manual dexterity for using a calculator and computer keyboard.
PracticeMax offers a competitive salary and rich benefit package to include medical, dental, vision, pre-tax accounts, life insurance, accidental death and dismemberment, employee assistance programs, short and long term disability, and a 401K.