A busy medical billing company is seeking a full time Billing Associate in our Wayne, New Jersey office.
This position will require an initial four week paid training period in our Brewster, NY office location.
- Make follow up phone calls to insurance companies
- Light reception work
- Claims follow up, eligibility and benefit verification via website portals
- Conduct account research and analysis - Identify trends/patterns
- Prepare claims for reconsideration/appeal
- Work and Maintain an accurate aging report
- Fee Schedule review
- Interact with clients and payers to resolve outstanding issues
- Research policies
Skills / Qualifications:
- Able to multi-task
- Good interpersonal skills
- 1-3 years of experience in medical billing. Experience can include data entry, accounts receivable follow up, other administrative office functions, and the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Knowledge of EHR systems and medical coding is preferred
PracticeMax offers a competitive salary and rich benefit package to include medical, dental, vision, pre-tax accounts, life insurance, accidental death and dismemberment, employee assistance programs, short and long term disability, and a 401K.