IT Help Desk Manager
PracticeMax, a leader in the healthcare industry, has an immediate opening for an IT Help Desk Manager. You will be responsible for leading our technical support team to provide excellent customer service and resolve all technical issues. As a Help desk manager, you should have a solid technical background combined with customer service experience. You must enjoy problem-solving, easily build relationships with others, and possess an infectious attitude that motivates your team to reach goals and embrace success.
- Manage the help desk team, evaluate performance and productivity;
- Ensure timely and accurate assistance;
- Provide exceptional customer service; set specific customer service standards;
- Recruit, train and support help desk representatives and technicians;
- Contribute to improving customer support by actively responding to queries and handling complaints;
- Establish best practices through the entire technical support process;
- Follow up with customers to identify areas of improvement;
- Provide senior-level technical expertise.
Operating Systems / Environments
- Windows Server and Desktop;
- Windows Remote Desktop Services / Terminal Services.
Hardware & Software
- Workstations, laptops, mobile devices, VOIP phones;
- Printer setup and configuration (local, network and remote desktop services);
- Microsoft Office Suite, including Office 365;
- Microsoft Exchange / Skype for Business (Lync);
- Active Directory, Group Policy, SCCM;
- Healthcare related technologies and software platforms.
- High School Diploma/GED or equivalent;
- Bachelor's degree preferred;
- 5+ years applicable work experience;
- Relevant professional certifications preferred.
- Hands on experience with help desk and remote control software;
- Solid technical background with an ability to give instructions to a non-technical audience;
- Customer-service focused outlook;
- Excellent English language written and verbal communications skills;
- Ability to manage and lead a team;
- Experience in the healthcare industry (preferred).
Required Physical & Mental Effort & Environmental Conditions
The work environment characteristics describered below are representative of those that employees in this position may encounter while performing the essential functions of the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Regularly required to use hand movements such as repetitive motions, grasping, holding and finger dexterity;
- Frequent reading and writing, including eye-hand coordination;
- Frequent visual color distinction, preparing/analyzing figures, visual inspection, measuring/assembling at a distance close to eye;
- Frequent hearing and talking;
- Frequent standing, sitting, walking;
- Requires that ability to lift 30-60 pounds;
- Occasionally requires pushing/pulling, climbing ladders, step stools or stairs, bending, squatting, crawling and reaching;
- Occasionally requires driving a car;
- Rare exposure to potential hazardous conditions found in a medical facility (i.e. oxygen tanks, other gases, infectious bacteria, bloodborne or airborne pathogens, etc.);
- Occasional exposure to possible electrical hazards.
PracticeMax offers a competitive salary and rich benefit package to include medical, dental, vision, pre-tax accounts, life insurance, accidental death and dismemberment, employee assistance program, short and long term disability and a 401(k) plan.