PracticeMax, a leader in the healthcare industry, has an immediate opening for a Network Administrator. The successful candidate will be responsible for the network and infrastructure within the organization and work with other team members (Systems Administrator, Help Desk, etc.) to ensure a stable and reliable environment.
- Network architecture and security
- Infrastructure and datacenter hardware
- VPN connections (site-to-site and remote client access)
- Backup and Disaster Recovery
- Asset management
- Cisco hardware (servers, switches, security devices)
- EMC SANs
- Brocade Fiber Switches
- Veeam Backup
- 5+ years relevant work experience
- Applicable combination of education and/or certifications
Skills / Requirements
- Sense of ownership and responsibility towards problems and solutions
- Advanced problem-solving skills to identify and resolve complex issues in a timely manner
- Proven experience in a network administrator role
- Hands-on experience in networking, routing and switching
- Familiarity with backup and recovery software and methodologies
- Experience in the healthcare industry preferred
Required Physical & Mental Effort & Environmental Conditions
The work environment characteristics describered below are representative of those that employees in this position may encounter while performing the essential functions of the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Regularly required to use hand movements such as repetitive motions, grasping, holding and finger dexterity;
- Frequent reading and writing, including eye-hand coordination;
- Frequent visual color distinction, preparing/analyzing figures, visual inspection, measuring/assembling at a distance close to eye;
- Frequent hearing and talking;
- Frequent standing, sitting, walking;
- Requires that ability to lift 30-60 pounds;
- Occasionally requires pushing/pulling, climbing ladders, step stools or stairs, bending, squatting, crawling and reaching;
- Occasionally requires driving a car;
- Rare exposure to potential hazardous conditions found in a medical facility (i.e. oxygen tanks, other gases, infectious bacteria, bloodborne or airborne pathogens, etc.);
- Occasional exposure to possible electrical hazards.
PracticeMax offers a competitive salary and rich benefit package to include medical, dental, vision, pre-tax accounts, life insurance, accidental death and dismemberment, employee assistance program, short and long term disability and a 401(k) plan.